1. Listening to this song because it's so stupid and cacthy I just have to sing and dance to it. It also reminds me of a really fun night dancing in Mumbai with my sister, Shikha.
2. Making a cup of green tea. I'm not a tea/coffee drinker but making a cup green tea makes me feel like Im pampering myself. Pampering myself forces me to be kind to myself and have kind thoughts towards myself.
3. Trying on sexy clothes. I like no, love shopping. If I can, I'll go in to a store I like and try on sexy things. It lifts my mood.
4. Slowing down my whole day. When I know I'm low, its going go hard to accomplish things at my usual pace and quality. I push half my to do list for a better day so i can focus on the 2-3 important tasks. Slowing down helps me feel less helpless. I usually have too much on my plate anyway.
5. Calling a good friend. When I'm down I don't feel like talking to anybody. I'd like to crawl in to privacg and stay there til I'm myself again. Speaking to or listening to a trusted friend forces me to turn thoughts away from myself and my mood without pressure or formality.
6. Napping. If I can, Il take a nap. When I wake up I'm almost always in a better mood even if its just slightly better.
7. Making sure I eat well. When I get down so does my appetite. But I have a tendency to get hangry (anger caused by hunger) and I'm borderline hypoglycemic. If I want to get out of my funk, Ive got to be well fed.
8. Watching funny vine compilations or funny videos on youtube. I love to laugh. Watching people do silly things may just make me laugh so loud that I scare away my depressed mood.
9. Writing down what is bothering me or what I think is making me feel low. Usually I don't understand why I'm having a low day but as I write it usually becomes clear to me.
10. Painting my nails. This is so silly but adding color to my nails lifts my mood. Painting my nails also slows my thoughts down and forces me to concentrate on one thing (finger nail) at a time.
What are some things that you do to cheer yourself up?